Legal Law News

Laws are spider webs through which the big flies pass and the little ones get caught.


Work and Holiday With Holiday Visa

A working holiday visa allows you to work, while traveling or holidaying in Australia. This visa give the opportunity to earn by taking up a short-term job and the funds can be used to meet their travel or holiday expenses. It is meant only for people aged between 18 and 10 and who are looking towards a working holiday in Australia for a period of 12 months.

Once you take up the working holiday visa, you have rights to do the following:

• Enter the country at anytime, within the 12 month period for which the visa is valid

• Stay in the country for a period up to 12 months

• Re-enter or leave the country as many numbers of times as possible while the visa is a valid one

• Study for a period of up to four months

• Work in the country for a period of 6 months

• Leave and re-enter the country for as many times as possible till the visa is valid

When applying for a working holiday, it is necessary to pay a non-refundable visa application charge. Those who have a working visa can do any kind of work. However, it should be noted that they can work with a single employer only for a period of six months. Those who have obtained a second working visa, have the right to return to work for a period of six months, with the employer with whom they had worked on their first working holiday.

The validity of the first working visa is a period of 12 months. If in that period, you have worked with an employer for three months on your first Holiday visa you have the right to apply for a second holiday visa. Unless, you have applied for another visa that enables you to stay in the country, it is imperative to leave when the visa expires.