Immigration lawyers are people who are skilled in interpreting immigration laws, which can change with each presidential administration, and who help their immigrant clients navigate the complex and ever-changing immigration process. A lot of time spent by an immigration lawyer is dedicated to helping immigrants who are facing difficulties in complying with immigration regulations. They also represent their clients at deportation hearings.
Many immigrants decide to invest in an Immigration Lawyer because even simple mistakes can cause delays that can last several years. An applicant could also be denied or deported if they make mistakes. As such, immigration attorneys are typically able to act as an advisor or counselors to their clients when they interact with immigration authorities.
Are There Any Situations in Which an Immigration Lawyer is required?
An immigration lawyer does not always need to be hired. The process can be done by anyone who is able to represent themselves. Working with an attorney who has a thorough understanding of current immigration laws will help reduce any potential mistakes. When someone needs assistance in applying for an immigrant document like a visa or green card, most people hire an attorney.
There are situations where hiring an immigration lawyer might be necessary. The most common example of such situations is, but are not limited to:
- Criminal Conviction: Anyone convicted of committing an offense against immigration will need to speak with an attorney. Nearly all USCIS forms require applicants to reveal whether they have been convicted. All criminal records must be disclosed, even those that were dropped or exonerated later. An immigration lawyer can help you understand how criminal and immigration laws intersect so that you don’t need a separate lawyer for criminal defense.
- Application Denial: A lawyer for immigration will be required if previous immigration applications have been declined. Their attorney will investigate the reason for denial, determine if appeals can be made, and reapply.
- Previous Exclusion: Applicants who have been deported or barred from entering Australia will need to retain an attorney. This is because sometimes, deportation or exclusion could result in a permanent ban on future applications. An immigration lawyer could help the applicant determine if that is the case and provide advice on the possible consequences of deportation or exclusion.
- Health Conditions: It is possible for some medical conditions to prevent someone from being admitted to Australia. An immigration lawyer will help applicants determine whether they are eligible for entry and offer advice on their options.
- Unreasonable Waiting Time: If a person has been waiting too long to be granted a visa, they should consult an immigration attorney. Immigration attorneys are experts in the application process so they know when deadlines are and what to expect. The attorney may help applicants obtain expedited or urgent processing.
- Employer Non-Cooperation: A potential employer may not cooperate with an applicant applying for an employment visa. The applicant should therefore hire an attorney. An immigration lawyer is able to help applicants ensure that their future employers meet their promises.
If you’re looking for immigration lawyers in Perth, we hope this article has been helpful. There are a lot of great immigration lawyers out there who can help you with your case. We encourage you to do your research and find the best lawyer for your needs. Good luck!
What Actions You Should Take in Case of an Accident
Whether in an auto or another accident, you want to take specific actions to protect yourself. You should check to see if you’re injured and take steps to get medical help if needed. You should also document the accident and talk to your insurance company. Document the accident scene According to Kuzyk Law, one of the […]